Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I just finished reading this guys' book. Earth's cooling trend continues...


Bottom Falling Out of Global Ocean Surface Temps?

Roy W. Spencer, Ph.D.

Having just returned from another New Orleans meeting – this time, a NASA A-Train satellite constellation symposium — I thought I would check the latest sea surface temperatures from our AMSR-E instrument.

The following image shows data updated through yesterday (October 27). Needless to say, there is no end in sight to the cooling. (Click on image for the full-size version).

Since these SST measurements are mostly unaffected by cloud cover like the traditional infrared measurements are, I consider this to be the most accurate high-time resolution SST record available…albeit only since mid-2002, when the Aqua satellite was launched.

I won’t make any predictions about whether SSTs will go as low as the 2007-08 La Nina event. I’ll leave that to others.


Link:
http://www.activistpost.com/2010/10/bottom-falling-out-of-global-ocean.html

1 comment: